Sat, Jun 03|
Paint Recycling Event
The West Caroga Lake Association will host a paint recycling event with Kingsboro Lumber Company and Vrooman’s support
Time & Location
Jun 03, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Vrooman's, 2040 State Highway 10 Caroga Lake, NY 12032
About the event
On Saturday, June 3, 2023, the West Caroga Lake Association will host a paint recycling event with Kingsboro Lumber Company and Vrooman’s support.
As a partner in the New York PaintCare program, Kingsboro Lumber will have a truck at Vrooman’s from 9 am to 12 pm to make it easy for the Caroga Lake community to dispose of leftover paint, stain, and varnish.
Accepted PaintCare Products
- Interior and exterior architectural paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coatings)
- Deck coatings, floor paints (including elastomeric)
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen-based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
Not Accepted: The following are not included in the program:
- Paint thinners, mineral spirits, solvents
- Aerosol paints (spray cans)
- Auto and marine paints
- Art and craft paints
- Caulking compounds, epoxies, glues, adhesives
- Paint additives, colorants, tints, resins
- Wood preservatives (containing pesticides)
- Roof patch and repair
- Asphalt, tar and bitumen-based products
- 2-component coatings
- Deck cleaners
- Traffic and road marking paints
- Industrial Maintenance (IM) coatings
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (shop application) paints and finishes
- Containers that are leaking or empty and containers without the original printed manufacturer’s label will not be accepted
Visit www.paintcare.org/products-we-accept for complete details.
Vrooman’s will be open to complement the event, serving your favorite morning beverages.
Together, we are committed to maintaining cleaner lakes and the environment. Please check your garages, basements, and sheds for unused paint products so they can be disposed of safely.
For more information about the paint recycling program, visit www.paintcare.org.
We are looking for a few volunteers to help on the event day. Please email John DonVito at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
We hope to see you soon!